Monday, September 10, 2012

Children's Pottery



I have some exciting news to announce!  This fall I will be offering a children's pottery class in my home studio in Lansing, NY.  This will be a four week class focused on learning traditional pottery-making techniques. Children will learn to make and decorate their own pottery using hand-building and wheel-throwing techniques.  Class starts October 20th and ends November 10th.  The cost is $95 per session, 10% off each additional child in a family.  Ages 5-10 years old.  9:00am-10:30am.  For more information send me an e-mail at tracy_mcevilly@yahoo.com.

I have been teaching pottery and art since 2002.  I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Ceramics in 2005.  While living and working in Jacksonville, FL I taught a variety of classes in many venues including a children's museum, a home-school art class, and many more.  Since moving to Ithaca, NY I have worked with Ithaca Montessori School to infuse art into their afterschool program.  I recently completed Montessori Adventures in Art with The Center for Guided Montessori Studies.  I believe in encouraging children to work independently while guiding them to grow their concentration and individual interests.

I am so excited for this class to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment