Thursday, May 14, 2009

Identity Crisis


So for months now I have been trying to establish myself as TRACY K MCEVILLY. I thought that it was a better "artist name". Sort of like when in fifth grade I insisted on spelling my name Tracie, because I thought it looked better. This name changing poses a few problems, one most people who know me don't know that my middle initial is K. So if someone wanted to find my work they would probably search "Tracy McEvilly". I hate to publicly admit that I "google" myself, but it's true. And more info comes up under Tracy K McEvilly, than plain old Tracy McEvilly, but Tracy McEvilly is more familiar to most people. Everytime I fill out show submissions, etc. I put in the K, to make myself sound more important. Then a few days ago I received a postcard for Jersey Shore Clay National. There it was plain old Tracy McEvilly. And it didn't bother me in the least. So I am updating myself to plain old Tracy McEvilly. It's who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment